From Russia with passion: How one man’s genius changed American viticulture and winemaking
We proudly present a special screening and virtual tasting, spotlighting the legendary Andrè Tchelistcheff and his legacy.
We will start with discussing the film, “Andrè – the Voice of Wine,” with his grand-nephew and the film’s director, Mark Tchelistcheff, followed by two renowned winemakers that he mentored, Rob Davis and Greg LaFollette. Rob recently retired as a founding winemaker at Jordan Winery in Sonoma, while Greg is a co-proprietor and winemaker at Alquimista Cellars. Post-discussion, Rob and Greg will lead the tasting of a special series of wines made by Alquimista Cellars that showcase the van der Kamp Vineyard. This vineyard is closely connected and reflects the pioneering spirit of Andrè Tchelistcheff. Martin van der Kamp and Andrè shared many common perspectives on viticulture as well as a mutual fondness for poultry farming.
Wines to be tasted: Andrè The Voice of Wine Collection – $191.70 (includes complimentary screening pass to movie)
- 2017 van der Kamp Pinot Noir
- 2017 van der Kamp Pinot Meunier
- 2018 van der Kamp Pinot Meunier
Virtual Tasting and Discussion on March 31, 2021 at 5:00 PM PST
- Mark Tchelistcheff – grand-nephew of Andrè and the film’s director
- Rob Davis – Founding winemaker at Jordan Winery
- Greg La Follette – Co-proprietor and winemaker at Alquimista Cellars
Stream the award-winning Andrè The Voice of Wine movie
- Complimentary screening pass for Wine Club Members OR with the purchase of Andrè The Voice of Wine Collection
- Directed by Mark Tchelistcheff
- Narrated by Ralph Fiennes